Self Care Advice For Chronic Back Pain in Highlands Ranch
As a chiropractor in Highlands Ranch, many people ask what they can do on their own to help alleviate back pain. The answer is a lot. Back pain and neck pain are usually multi-faceted and there are many things you can do on your own to help alleviate pain and feel better in between your chiropractic adjustments. Below are few things I always recommend to my patients to help out with their pain levels.
Tips To Subside Back Pain in Highlands Ranch CO
- Take all natural anti-inflammatories. My favorites are turmeric, fish oil, and ginger supplements. Daily doses of these 3 powerful supplements will help ease your muscle and joint aches and pains.
- Foam Rollers: After a long day of work, or sitting at a computer all day long, our spine tends to get compressed. Rolling out on your back with a foam roller will help decompress the spine and loosen those tight spinal muscles.
- Active Stretching: Mobility and stretching goes a long way in getting you feeling healthy again. Get warmed up with some light cardio which will not only warm the muscles but also get more blood pumping through your body; and then actively stretch out the core spinal muscles.
- Stay at a healthy weight. This one is simple, the more you weigh, the more weight the spine has to hold up on daily basis. Every pound count, it’s time to get down to your ideal body weight.
- Stay hydrated. This one simple strategy, believe it or not, will help ease muscle tension to a great degree. Especially if you are a coffee drinker which dehydrates the body, make sure you are getting more than enough water throughout the day. Your body, after all, is made up of 70% percent water.
For more information, call our team at Premier Chiropractic & Natural Medicine in Highlands Ranch today!
|Monday||7:30am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 5:00pm
|Tuesday||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 5:00pm
|Thursday||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 12:00pm|
Premier Chiropractic & Natural Medicine
4004 Red Cedar Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126